List of Hr Policies and Procedures: Types And Importance
Human Resource Policies and Procedures: Every organization has its policies and procedures according to the activities involved in the business operations. A particular policy has to be followed by every firm is not necessary at all as there is no such hard and fast rule made yet.
List of Hr Policies and Procedures: Types And Importance
What are Human Resource Policies and Procedures?
When some formal rules and guidelines are established to hire, evaluate, control and reward the employees of a business firm, then it is called as human resource policies. If all these policies are organized and managed efficiently, then it can prevent many misunderstandings between the employees and employers regarding their rights and obligations in the workplace.
As a business owner, it is alluring to emphasize the business concerns and writing some policies as well as procedures about Human resources. Policies in a written form are quite imperative as everyone knows that what exactly the policies are and how these can be applied consistently as well as fairly across the organization. It is a standard practice that all the policies and procedures of Human resources whether they are written or oral, still they are a part of an employment contract between the worker and the organization. But the company is at a disadvantage if the policies and procedures are not well written.
What covered by HR Policies?
The basic issues or matter of conflicts must be covered under the HR policies and procedures and it is significant because these are meant to be dealing with the HR issues when bringing together personnel policies. Some policies covered under HR policies and procedures are as follows:
- Employee Classification
- Equal Employment policies
- Workdays, paydays and pay advances
- Overtime compensation
- Vacation policies
- Payroll deductions
- Holiday Policies
- Meal periods and break periods
- Sick days and personal leaves
- Performance Improvement
- Termination Policies
All these policies and procedures of HRM are very important in any organization. They need to be regularized across the organization to avoid any sort of uncertain issues that might develop. It maintains integration between the initial responsibilities of any employee with the working environment of any organization and HR policies give them an idea about do’s and don’ts that an employee must follow. Here are some HR policies like attendance, Behavior, requests, and safety.
Why forms and documents are required?
It is vital to maintain a balanced set of policies and forms at the job place as it keeps transparency between the employers and employees which is a point of benefit for a long time.
Policies at the workplace
All the important policies related to the organization must be mentioned in an employee handbook which should be in a documented format. The policies lead to establishing a link between the company’s advantages and what the employee’s expectation from them. The handbook considers various factors related to employees and organizations such as niche, industry, size and where is the company situated.
Some other key policies are At-will employment, leave and time-off benefits, safety and health, meal and break periods, timekeeping and pay, attendance, punctuality and so on.
What are the important documents and forms?
An individual employee file is maintained by the HR department of a company and it includes all the important documents as well as forms related to local and state laws. Moreover, these rules and regulations are straightly operated with HR policies and procedures.
Hiring forms, business expenses, absence leave, receipt of company property, handbook acknowledgment, reasonable accommodation requests and performance, and discipline.
Importance of Hr Policies
Human resource policies are so important to a business firm as it serves various types of functions in any organization such as:
- Establish a link between the expectation and the values of the workforce.
- Protect the company from any kind of employment claim legally.
- All policies need to be documented and ensure that they are implemented properly.
- Showcase unbiased and fair practices towards employees.
- Helpful in organizational decision making.
- Protection to employees and the organization.
Roped into Types of HR Policies and Procedures
The policies and procedures of Human resources are segregated into two distinct parts such as based on their source and based on their description. The in-depth information about all such policies and procedures is given below.
- Based on source
In this type of source-based HR policy, all the actual activities in which all employment policies are formulated mainly depend on their managers and the needs as well as the desires of the employees. Further, this reliance can be covered by some of the policies and procedures which are as mentioned below:
- Originated Policy: Concerning the originated policy of HR, the actual work is managed and set up by the senior managers and also, understand all the essential needs of the employees.
All these guidelines are provided by senior employees to their subordinates so that they can also improve and grow their professional career path. Hence, it is required to get an understanding of the policies for employee’s empowerment within the company.
- Implicit policy: Through these policies, the intention of the manager can be expressed in favor of the company. First of all, the real importance of this implicit policy is disguised due to nature as well as the behavior of the managers. This is the reason why all such policies are important and identified by the name of the implied policies within an organization.
So, it is crystal clear that all of these implicit policies are recognized by the senior managers of the organization. Therefore, it is important to better understand that these HR policies are established in favor of the requirements of the manager.
- Imposed Policies: The management of the company does not the only part that is included as working in the company. In addition to this, the policies and procedures of HR will also avail of the provision and the part that is wholly supported and governed by the governmental agencies as well as trade unions.
This policy is related to the development of the staff as well as the values of the workers within an organization.
- Appeal Policy: The policy is not at all real and it is a type of policies that are requested by the company’s managers so that the management of the HR policy will deem looking into a definite situation that is not involved in other mentioned policies.
The managers and the employees both have the right to generate the appeal in front of the management but the end decision whether the request is accepted or not can be made by the human resource management of an organization.
- Based on description
The policies and procedures of HR are established for the merits and benefits of the company employees and their employment cycle too. The description is the base on which the nature of the working of HR policy can also result on behalf of the company’s development and growth.
Here are some of the HR policies that are mentioned below and are based on the description. Let us have a quick look at these.
- General Policy: The policy is related to describe the working of any job in an organization. Based on the description, some general policies are set up. These policies are highly different from other policies of the human resource as mentioned-above. Not even a single issue or conflict comes under this policy and this is the reason why these policies are called general policies of the company.
- Specific Policy: As opposed to that of general policies, these are some specific policies that are associated with a definite issue of the organization such as staffing, organizing, recruitment, issues related to salary and so on.
Hence, those specific issues are undertaken by this type of specific policy in a company. Further, all the issues related to the staffing of an organization are to deal with the specific policies.
Some additional Policies and Procedures
All additional realms, as well as kinds of Human resource policies, are set up with the criteria of requirements of the company which is very good for the employers as well as employees. Thus, it is obligatory to equip with the understanding of such HR policies and procedures based on additional aspects.
- Attendance: Some of the positive policies are made for the benefit of the employees and the attendance is one out of them as established by the Human Resource Management of an organization. Under this policy, certain leaves are allowed to the employees on a yearly or monthly basis such as sick leaves, paid leaves, without pay leave and so on.
- Behavior: Under this policy of the company, the HR department examines the behavior of the employees within an organization and keeps it as their priority in terms of the company policy. So, the managers, as well as the employees, take part in the matter of the company strongly.
- Request: It includes the request of the employees as done the basis of which some policies are made such as appealing policies. The policy is quite beneficial for the sake of employees and employers and does not have any specific rules and regulations in the company’s matter.
Thus, some requests have been made for the sake of the workforce and the employees can raise their voice against any issue in the form of request.
- Safety: Before anything, it is the responsibility of the company and the HR department to make a policy related to safety and security measures. These are directly formed for the protection of employees and the senior managers too. Thus, there is no such rule that these safety policies are only created for the managers and not for employees.
All in all, it is clear from the article that the policies and procedures of HR are designed under two different parts of the policies. The aforesaid write up policies assists the managers to keep control over the administrative as well as disciplinary actions and ensure the employees that the management treats every employee of the organization equally. No doubt, some modifications can be done in the policies as per the nature of the business.https://101hrm.com/hr-policies-and-procedures/https://101hrm.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Human-Resource-Policies-and-Procedures.jpghttps://101hrm.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Human-Resource-Policies-and-Procedures-150x150.jpgUncategorizedHuman Resource Policies and Procedures: Every organization has its policies and procedures according to the activities involved in the business operations. A particular policy has to be followed by every firm is not necessary at all as there is no such hard and fast rule made yet. Also See: 25...sumit firstname.lastname@example.orgAdministratorHuman Resource Management